I support LGBTQI+ Families in Birth as well as families with diverse backgrounds and stories by providing a compassionate, respectful and culturally appropriate care to all my clients. My focus is to provide a safe, responsive and affirming experience for all expectant parents, partners or single/solo parents. I truly believe that no expectant parent should ever birth alone and no one should ever be judged or receive any less care because of ethnicity, religion, age, gender or personal situation.
It is recognised that same-sex couples have additional stressors in becoming parents and in the early parenting journey. Mainstream birth support and hospital policies can present challenges for prospective LGBTIQA+ parents so I will offer my help to navigate the healthcare system so you can be informed of your choices and options.
- Support during fertility treatments
- Support through pregnancy and during labour.
- Find specific resources and information about co-feeding, donor milk, chestfeeding, health book & medicare after surrogacy, Mothers’ Milk Bank (MMB), …
- all the newborn essentials once your baby is born like bathing, changing, swaddling, settling, bottle feeding or nursing …
I work hard at incorporating inclusive language every day throughout my practice and my website but have still lots to learn so feel free to jump in and let me know if something needs improvement. Your feedback is invaluable to progress in the right direction.
I am a proud member of the WELCOME HERE project – where LGBTIQ diversity is celebrated. The Welcome Here Project supports businesses/organisations throughout Australia to create and promote environments that are visibly welcoming and inclusive of Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) communities. #FollowTheRainbow #ACONWelcomeHere
- The Rainbow Families antenatal class is an LGBTIQA+ focused, inclusive, parenting education class. These are organised by Rainbow Families since 2017. More info HERE.
- The Mothers’ Milk Bank (MMB) provides breastmilk to parents who – for whatever reason – cannot provide their own. More info HERE.
- The Centre for Perinatal Psychology offers the support of psychologists for same-sex parenting. More info HERE.
- Discover the very informative (and free!) Rainbow Families Resource Kit written by Jac Tomlins. More info HERE.