Perinatal Grief Support & Bereavement Doula
Birth is not always what you imagined. Birth can be full of guilt, fear and sadness. The death of a baby is the most painful things that can happen to a family. When your baby dies from miscarriage, stillbirth, at or after birth, your hope of being a parent dies too.
As a Bereavement Doula, I provide physical, emotional, and informational support to families who are experiencing or anticipate a loss. I will :
- provide compassionate guidance through the process of birth, meeting baby for the first time, making the time together meaningful, and saying goodbye.
- honor your baby and your parenting time, helping you create rituals and memories.
- explain or remind you of your choices and legal rights.
- help you understand and navigate the hospital system so you can make fully informed decisions.
- facilitate the relation and conversation with the numerous healthcare professionals so you feel protected, respected and given the time.
- prepare with your family and loving support network your return home.
- offer a continuity of care for as long as you need it.
The details of my work will vary from family to family, because each family’s situation is different and unique. Please contact me directly to discuss your situation so I can tailor my time to you needs.
For this service, my fees are based on a sliding scale in proportion to household income so please do not feel like your financial situation should stop you from reaching out.
- SANDS Australia (miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal death charity) helpline 1300 072 637. 24 hours/7 days a week
- PANDA (Post and Antenatal Depression Association) helpline 1300 726 306. From Mond-Fri 9am – 7.30pm (AEST/AEDT)
- Beyond Blue helpline 1300 224 636. 24 hours/7 days a week
I took the SANDS “Caring for Bereaved Parents” course and currently studying to become a certified SBD Birth & Bereavement Doula® with Stillbirthday. In 2019, I am also going back to school to study a Counselling Diploma with the AIPC (Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors).