Birth is not always what you imagined. Birth can be full of guilt, fear and sadness. The death of a baby is the most painful things that can happen to a family. When your baby dies from miscarriage, stillbirth, at or after birth, your hope of being a parent dies too.
As a Bereavement Doula, I provide physical, emotional, and informational support to families who are experiencing or anticipate a loss. I will :
- provide compassionate guidance through the process of birth, meeting baby for the first time, making the time together meaningful, and saying goodbye.
- honor your baby and your parenting time, helping you create rituals and memories.
- explain or remind you of your choices and legal rights.
- help you understand and navigate the hospital system so you can make fully informed decisions.
- facilitate the relation and conversation with the numerous healthcare professionals so you feel protected, respected and given the time.
- prepare with your family and loving support network your return home.
- offer a continuity of care for as long as you need it.
I took the SANDS “Caring for Bereaved Parents” course and I am currently studying to become a certified SBD Birth & Bereavement Doula® with Stillbirthday. I hope to go back to University in 2019 to study a Counselling Degree.
- SANDS Australia (miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal death charity) helpline 1300 072 637. 24 hours/7 days a week
- PANDA (Post and Antenatal Depression Association) helpline 1300 726 306. From Mond-Fri 9am – 7.30pm (AEST/AEDT)
- Beyond Blue helpline 1300 224 636. 24 hours/7 days a week